The investment advisors at The 6th Avenue Team at Ingalls & Snyder, LLC understand the importance of trust and control in an investment advisor relationship. Our advisors devote their full time and attention to understand your unique circumstances, to gain your trust, and to prove to you that you have made the best possible decision in selecting an investment advisor. We also give you the information you need to stay in control of your assets and to make the most intelligent investment decisions.
How to Pick an Investment Advisor: The Trusting Relationship
· Do your financial interests take precedence over the advisor’s?
· Does the advisor consider him or herself to be a fiduciary?
· Does the advisor have investment management experience in both bull and bear markets?
· Is the advisor placing his or her own assets into the types of investment products that are recommended to you?
· Can the advisor provide sample reports that represent the advisor’s and the firm’s performance?
· Is the advisor compensated through fees based on assets under management, an annual flat fee, or through commissions from products that are recommended to him or her?
· Does the advisor factor your unique risk tolerance into the overall financial plan that is developed for you?
You will not develop a trusting relationship on promises of specific results, and an advisor’s past successes will never guarantee your future gains. Instead, you will develop a greater degree of trust in your advisor when your relationship encourages an honest bilateral exchange of information. The 6th Avenue Team’s advisors strive to develop a relationship with their clients in which we help those clients to make rational and objective decisions about their investments and to eliminate emotional responses and reactions to crowd-driven market movements.
Choosing an Investment Advisor Online: Will You Maintain Control Over Your Investments?
Unlike mass market or impersonal online advisors, The 6th Avenue Team’s financial professionals will communicate with you regarding your investments, both at the inception of your strategies and throughout the duration of your relationship with us. We accomplish this with our four-part intake and management philosophy:
1. In a personal meeting with a one of our Directors where we conduct a detailed interview to help us understand and appreciate your asset base, experience, risk tolerance, and financial goals.
2. In one or more “echo meetings” where the Director will reflect our understanding of your goals and solicit feedback that we will use to fine-tune our investment proposals.
3. With investment recommendations that include a plural strategy of core and tactical holdings.
4. A fully informed and agreed upon plan with regular follow-up meetings to confirm that we are adhering to your long-term wealth management goals.
Our recommendations generally include a variety of investment products that we identify as being consistent with each client’s unique circumstances, including exchange traded funds, equity securities, corporate or municipal bonds, high-yield debt instruments, and other best-of-breed investments. The client always has options, and we structure our services to help the client select the options that are best suited for them.
The 6th Avenue Team: The Right Choice
Ingalls & Snyder’s 6th Avenue Team is an experienced group of investment advisory professionals that offers direct and personal investment strategy services with experience in ETF investing to a sophisticated client base. We are not “online investment advisors.” Please complete the form on our website or call our midtown Manhattan offices to schedule an appointment with a member of our team. We look forward to helping you achieve your financial goals.
Fill out the contact form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Sign up to receive the latest news from the 6th Avenue Team.
WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY AND NEVER SELL YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
The 6th Avenue Team publishes the latest news and market insights for investors at no charge. Stay current; sign up now.
We never buy, sell, or trade your information.